"Initial commit" with entire git history - possible?

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Wed Jul 1 22:15:54 AEST 2020

On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 01:08:20PM +0200, Adrian Ambrożewicz wrote:
> Brad,
>
> How (as a maintainer) I could 'move' code from our internal repository
> to github/openbmc hosted one? Is it specified somewhere?

git push <remote> HEAD:master

The gerrit remote is something like:
ssh://<user>@gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz:2918/openbmc/telemetry

and the github remote is:
ssh://git@github.com/openbmc/telemetry

You'll need to have configured both github and gerrit to accept whatever
ssh keys you present.

> Currently I've pushed whole code to gerrit as usual review to gather
> feedback, but after that I would still want to pursue path of pushing
> entire git history + review changes on top  of that.

I'm glad to see you are willing to entertain feedback but I'd be
suprised if Intel let you spend time on making any meaningful changes
(e.g. ones that cause significant rework and time investment on your
part) at this point.  This is why code should be developed and reviewed
in the open in the first place if you actually want others to use it.