Redfish OpenBMC OEM

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 30 03:47:21 AEDT 2020

On 11/21/2019 1:22 PM, Gunnar Mills wrote:

> On 11/21/2019 12:16 PM, James Feist wrote:

>>> DMTF’s Redfish
>>>
>>> They have an open forum here,  to ask questions and request
>>> features: https://redfishforum.com/
>>>
>>> To get access to the Redfish code repository and meetings
>>> 1) Your company must be a Redfish Supporter or Promoter, a lot of
>>> companies working on OpenBMC are
>>> 2) Join the DMTF, www.dmtf.org/join
>>> 3) Join the "Redfish Forum" working group,
>>> https://members.dmtf.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/
>>> 4) Send an email asking for access to the Redfish code repository
>>>
>>> I was thinking either of these would establish "engaging Redfish".
>>
>> I'd be fine with adding this to the docs/readme, however as your
>> company has to be a supporter, it should probably be a weak requirement.
>>
> Added to the DEVELOPING.md here
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/27480/
>
> The Redfish Specification Forum, https://redfishforum.com/  is public.
> Anyone can request features there.

Still seems like it is too easy to add Redfish "OpenBMC" OEM and they
just slip in.

Did we engage Redfish on this one
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/28699 ?

Should the schema go in a different repo, and have a different review
process? Maybe a minimum of N contributing companies have to sign off on
the interface definition of a Redfish "OpenBMC" OEM? Do others have a
similar concern?

Thanks!
Gunnar