BIOS, Hypervisor, and OS detailed boot progress in Redfish

Supreeth Venkatesh Supreeth.Venkatesh at arm.com
Wed Jan 29 08:23:53 AEDT 2020

Andrew,

As you mentioned, as per PLDM specification, Boot progress codes are State Sensors. Boot progress codes IDs are 195, 196 and 198.

If you would additional state sensors for detailed progress, why not ask PMCI WG to additional state sensors.

As per the specification https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0248_1.0.0.pdf ,PLDM commands to be used for State sensors are

SetStateSensorEnables

GetStateSensorReadings

InitStateSensor

Also, I agree we need a corresponding mapping of this in Redfish.

Thanks,

Supreeth