Need help on the following error

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Wed Jan 29 05:52:29 AEDT 2020

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 2:25 PM Sujoy Ray/WYUS/Wiwynn
<Sujoy_Ray at wiwynn.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Wiwynn is trying to use the burn_my_bmc tool and I am wondering is you could please help me to resolve the following error. I am trying to run the tool with following parameters and seeing the error below. I am very new to OpenBMC and looking for some help.
>

> burn_my_bmc --command update --interface ipmipci --image /usr/local/bin/test.bin --sig /usr/local/bin/test.sig --type image
>
> /flash/image not found
>
> Exception received: Goal firmware not supported
>

> I looked into the implementation and it seems the function is returning false.

The firmware handler must not be present on the BMC.  Likely not a
valid configuration in the BMC image.  Please provide details for how
you configured phosphor-ipmi-flash, such as your bbappend file
enabling the different aspects to it.

I'm on paternity leave right now, so this will probably be my only
correspondence for at least another week.