No sensors displayed in webUI

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jan 22 10:00:30 AEDT 2020

On 1/21/2020 1:02 PM, James Feist wrote:
> On 1/21/20 12:17 AM, Max Power wrote:
>>
>> Any chance to get the "bug in dbus-sensors" fixed in the near future?
>
> I have no plans on changing dbus-sensors, since this works with
> Redfish, and Redfish is the future back-end for the WebUI. I'd be fine
> if someone wants to add unit support for an intermediate fix. That or
> we could finish this patch and get the WebUI moved over.
>
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-webui/+/28342

I support moving the WebUI to Redfish but moving the sensor page to
Redfish, I feel hides the actual problem.
I think we should follow the phosphor-dbus-interfaces.

If we don't follow the interfaces, how when writing code, whether
phoshor-webui code or bmcweb code, do you know what to expect?

If "Unit" is redundant information, then I feel it should be removed
from phosphor-dbus-interfaces and stricter requirements on the sensor
path should be added.

See https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2020-January/020207.html

Thanks!
Gunnar