Redfish Dump Service Proposal

Ratan Gupta ratagupt at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 16 22:01:31 AEDT 2020

Hi All,

Further to the previous dump proposal, I have incorporated the following
changes.

  * Having seprate LogService redfish resource for each type of dump.

  * Enhance the
    LogService(_https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/LogService.v1_1_3.json_)
    property

        "LogEntryType": {

             "enum": [
                       "Event",
                       "SEL",
                       "Oem"
“*Dump*”
                 ] }

  * Enhance the LogService under OEM for further subsystem type

       eg: hostboot dump, hypervisor dump

         “OEM”: {

               “*SystemType*”: { “enum” : [“HostBoot, Hypervisor, etc”] }

                 }

  * Enhance the Log Service for the following
    *Properties*:

     1. *DumpOverridePolicy : **This can be different for all different
        type of dumps.*
     2. **MaxDumps: This can be different for all different type of dumps.**

*Actions:*

     1. *CreateLog:**If logservice (**LogEntryType **is Dump) and the
        subsystem type is “Hypervisor” then create log will create a
        Host hypervisor dump.*
     2. ***DeleteAll: Delete all the logs from this log service, This is
        a addition on the deletion of the single resource(LogEntry).*

  * Enhance the logentry*(*_*https://redfi*
    <https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/LogEntry.v1_5_0.json>__*sh.dmtf.org/schemas/LogEntry.v1_5_0.json*
    <https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/LogEntry.v1_5_0.json>_*)*

        "LogEntryType": {
             "enum": [
                       "Event",
                       "SEL",
                       "Oem"
“*Dump*”
                 ] }

  * Map the proposed dump properties with existing log entry property
      o Proposed Property           Existing LogEntry Property
          + ID                          ID
          + Timestamp                   Created
          + Reason                      LogEntryCode(Introduce more
            enums in the LogEntry Code for the
            dump                         reason)

  * New Properties to be introduced in the logEntry
      o *Size*
      o *NOTE: *Dump type is not needed as the logservice logentry type
        will tell that this service is for dump and the system type will
        tell that this service is for which subsytem.

*NOTE: *

*1/ OdataID of log entry redfish resourc**e**will point to the raw dump
file which can be used to offload the dump.*

*2/ CreateLog: **spawns a task and returns the taskID.Client can query
the status for the task.*

Please let me know if I have missed something else.I would be making the
change in the PPT also.

Regards

Ratan Gupta