Configuring shunt_resistor in hwmon

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 7 08:37:05 AEDT 2020

On 1/6/20 1:29 PM, Alex Qiu wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply and reviewing my code in the morning!
>
> That looks interesting, so this ScaleFactor will be used to multiply the
> voltage value from hwmon without setting the shunt_resistor explicitly?
> I do have a little concern on the resolution, because it's only
> reporting 0.165V with default shunt_resistor setting, but we'll try and
> see if this will work for our case. In the meantime, do you know any
> other method that will work?

That's all I'm aware of in dbus-sensors. We have a voltage divider
in-front of our ADC channels, so we use this scale factor to calculate
the actual voltage. Anything else I think you'd need to add as a new
change if you're using dbus-sensors. I'm not sure if phosphor-hwmon
offers anything you could use or not.