Request for Feedback :: Time Mode setting in timemanager

Vishwanatha Subbanna vishwa at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 24 17:08:56 AEDT 2020

On deferring consuming the updates to Manual/NTP settings, so far, some of the customers have expressed dislike for this design. We don’t have this design in the traditional systems. What we have tho is that we don’t allow setting the time on BMC when the system power is on.  In a way, that behavior kind of matches with deferring the updates to Manual / NTP when the system power is on with the BMC based systems.

We are having this discussion internally. This mail was to see what the community feels about those settings.

Proposal for now is to:  *Remove the support for TimeOwner*. It will be as good as BOTH

Once I have some concrete data from the internal discussion, I will come back on the Manual/NTP settings.

Thanks,
!! Vishwa !!