Community support - where do want to be in a year?

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Sat Feb 8 03:30:45 AEDT 2020

On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 06:02:01PM -0600, Kurt Taylor wrote:

One interesting thing the #yocto channel has on IRC is a bot that
posts links whenever someone opens a Stack Overflow with a 'yocto'
tag.  I think we need a better mechanism to help with "drive by"
questions.

This was pointedly said in the IRC and I certainly agree with it:

    ------: I realize ------ is asking a lot of basic questions that most
    of us would normally answer by reading the code and experimenting.
    They are highlighting major gaps in documentation though

We often have introductory questions on IRC and mailing list that go
unanswered.  So, having a Stack Override bot wouldn't do anything if
people don't take turns answering.

--
Patrick Williams