Community support - where do want to be in a year?

krtaylor kurt.r.taylor at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 02:00:32 AEDT 2020

On 2/5/20 6:55 PM, Andrew Jeffery wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Feb 2020, at 10:32, Kurt Taylor wrote:
>> The new year is well underway, and I have started thinking about more
>> that could be done to enable a stronger, more open community, and to
>> have a better developer experience.
>>
>> I'd like to get your feedback, but please, this is not meant to be a
>> complaint platform, reply with ideas and solutions, or at least an
>> open mind for how we can fix it. I want to hear ideas!
>>
>> I am looking to organize a prioritized list so I (and others?) can
>> focus on making things happen. I am hopeful that my downstream
>> responsibilities will be reduced in the coming months and that we can
>> start making real community progress.

I created a google doc so we can organize (then prioritize). Anyone can
add ideas or questions, in fact, please do.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QCFRGCRofcR3K8clSLtJHw10-Cu9zkp0dvwXPWzQSCc/edit?usp=sharing

>> What are *your* ideas for improving the community?
>
> Make use of the Contributor Agreement Gerrit configuration if we're
> going to retain CLAs going forward:
>
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-cla.html
>
> Andrew

Thanks Andrew, good idea and definitely one I wanted to capture. I have
moved it to the google doc.

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)