[entity-manager]Should I add min,max to legacy.json?

Scron Chang (張仲延) Scron.Chang at quantatw.com
Tue Dec 29 00:52:30 AEDT 2020

Hi all,

  In my case, lots of dbus-sensors/PSUSensor are using. Refer to the hint in PSUSensorMain.cpp L576 to define the value of maximum/minimum, lots of objects like vout1_max, iout1_min… are defined in my configuration file. Even though it works (check by ipmitool sensor command), this json data can't pass to entity-manager/scripts/validate-configs.py. The reason should be there are no objects of PSU sensors' maximum and minimum in entity-manager/schema/legacy.json. Should I directly add those maximum and minimum objects to schema/legacy.json and submit schema/legacy.json to upstream?

Ref: https://github.com/openbmc/dbus-sensors/blob/23c96e7c249b41efecc10ba7acba82603a54b996/src/PSUSensorMain.cpp#L576

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Scron Chang
E-Mail  Scron.Chang at quantatw.com