Unresponsive BMC after booting into Ubuntu

Patrick Voelker Patrick_Voelker at phoenix.com
Fri Dec 11 12:13:54 AEDT 2020

I gave disabling the cpusensor service a try and it didn't make a difference.  The BMC still goes out to lunch.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried disabling all the IPMI handlers but that didn't seem to help either:
systemctl stop phosphor-ipmi-kcs at ipmi_kcs3
systemctl stop phosphor-ipmi-kcs at ipmi_kcs4
systemctl stop phosphor-ipmi-net at eth0.socket
systemctl stop phosphor-ipmi-net at eth1.socket
systemctl stop phosphor-ipmi-host

I think my next step will be to try disabling kernel config options that are related to things that can be influenced by the host.