Board Sensor Calibration

Maxim Sloyko maxims at google.com
Thu Aug 20 03:39:15 AEST 2020

Hi OpenBMC!

We would like to have a value reported by a certain sensor changed
according to our calibration results. This is a temperature sensor and the
calibration has nothing to do with the sensor itself -- so no need to
change the driver or anything -- but with a sensor placement on the board.
Basically we want to infer the temperature at a different location by
calibrating the sensor.

Are there any tools in OpenBMC that would allow us to add the calibration
curve to, say, phosphor-hwmon and have it report the value different from
the one reported by the underlying sensor? Did anybody else have to deal
with something like this and what was your solution? Do people more
familiar with sensor architecture have any recommendations on how best to
handle this?

Thank you.

--
-MS