dbus-sensors:hwmontemp: additional attribute proposal

Alex Qiu xqiu at google.com
Wed Aug 12 10:46:06 AEST 2020

Hi Ed,

The question was more of a general ask on whether dbus-sensors plans for
this on record. If so, individual daemon should have the config option to
ignore a device completely. Currently, I think PSUSensor has the ability,
but HwmonTempSensor does not.

The reason behind it may be complicated. One is if we can fix the PSUSensor
performance issue on time so that we can use it directly for PID control
based on VR temperatures. And then, if we can't fix it on time, what work
around can we have? Is it upstream-able or local patches? What's more, can
we have different polling rates for temperature and voltage/current/power
by using multiple daemon for the same device? Of course, ideally, we can go
for a fast feature-enriched PSUSensor to take care of everything and
deprecate HwmonTempSensor, but you know I have been talking about schedule
for multiple times with you before...

Thanks.

- Alex Qiu