dbus-sensors:hwmontemp: additional attribute proposal

Ed Tanous ed at tanous.net
Wed Aug 12 09:02:31 AEST 2020

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 5:09 PM Alex Qiu <xqiu at google.com> wrote:

> Hi Ed and James,
>
> Is it acceptable for a device to be listed in both HwmonTempSensor and PSUSensor?

Can you lay out a little bit of info about why you would need the same
type in both places?  My knee jerk reaction would be to say no, under
the idea that we shouldn't be duplicating functionality and code
between sensors, but if there are good technical reasons that amount
to more than "one has bugs, the other doesn't" then I definitely would
be for allowing it.