Access Intel ME IPMB from BMC

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Fri Apr 24 09:10:08 AEST 2020

On 4/23/20, 2:00 PM, "James Feist" <james.feist at linux.intel.com> wrote:

    On 4/23/2020 11:59 AM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
    > As i2c slave mqueue driver is not upstreamed and with already having
    > same functionality in ipmb-dev driver which is already in uostream
    > kernel, I don’t see any reason to use i2c slave mqueue driver. I highly
    > incourage people to use ipmb-dev driver with latest ipmbbridge. If there
    > are any issues, please let us know.

    One issue we ran into is having MCTP and IPMB on the same bus. IPMB
    driver can't handle MCTP traffic, where the mqueue could handle both.
    Kernel also doesn't allow multiple slave addresses on one bus. Haven't
    found a good solution to this one yet.

I don't see much difference in mqueue and ipmb driver code wise. If
something has changed in current mqueue driver to support mctp traffic
then we should try to add these in ipmb driver as well.

I can't comment much as I have not seen current mqueue driver.