I wan to debug the (export TEMPLATECONF=meta-ibm/meta-romulus/conf ) on evb2500 board

shi slm_8269 at 163.com
Wed Apr 22 12:25:46 AEST 2020

Milton,

thanks for you info.

I try the https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-evb/meta-evb-aspeed/meta-evb-ast2500 image. the fitimage can startup. but the readfish etc, many app not have. so I still use the IBM Romulus image. it always nothing output after the uboot output the starting kernel info., for the meta-evb-ast2500, it can waiting then popup the log in prompt. I want to change the dtb files, that just cut it just like the evb-2500's dts, but still cannot startup. so I changed the kernel of Romulus image's config files try to open the CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y, when bitbake obmc-phosphor-image, there always has error info: ERROR: obmc-phosphor-initramfs-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: The postinstall intercept hook 'update_udev_hwdb' failed, details in /home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/romulus-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-initramfs/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/romulus-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-initramfs/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.26507
ERROR: Task (/home/shilaimao/bmc/romulus-bmc/openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/images/obmc-phosphor-initramfs.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1' how to remove this update_udev_hwdb error? I also install the sdk from the development doc, it can make only zImage files. the default make. and I also need the rootfs. so I can debug by the bootm kernel rootfs dtb. but how to separated changed and compile the rootfs? from the Romulus dts files, it is no big difference, so I think it should startup based on some changes. if u have time please help me answer this questions. thanks Steven