About RGMII mode setting of MAC0

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Sun Apr 19 22:52:53 AEST 2020

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020, at 22:11, zhouyuanqing8 at outlook.com wrote:
>  Hi Andrew,
>
>  Thank you very much for your guidance!
>
>  I have modified the  ${MACHINE}.conf file and recompiled u-boot,I will
> debug it on the board tomorrow.
>
>  According to your guidance, I found the correspondence between the
> recipes specified in the  ${MACHINE}.conf file and the pn-buildlist.
>
>  In the compilation directory of obmc-op-control-power,as follows:
>

> [work/arm1176jzs-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/obmc-op-control-power/1.0+gitAUTOINC+1146f8c6e5-r1/image/usr/sbin]$ ls
>  pgood_wait power_control.exe
>
>  The .exe file should be the executable file of windows, how can it
> appear in the linux system?

So the rumour is one of the original OpenBMC devs was a bit lazy and
wanted an easy way to copy binaries onto the BMC. By tacking a '.exe'
suffix onto the executables he could run:

scp *.exe root at bmc:/usr/bin/

The binary itself is still an ARM ELF and not a PE/COFF. There's no harm
aside from looking bizarre. Having said that someone should fix it,
because everyone asks this question. Perhaps something to add to the
"gardening" tasks.

Andrew