Old PREFERRED_PROVIDERs using python2

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Apr 7 07:50:27 AEST 2020

As part of the python2 -> python3 migration I was building a few
machines to confirm that they did not have python2 installed in any way.
I noticed right off that tiogapass does.

Tiogapass has obmc-phosphor-chassisd and obmc-phosphor-flashd pulled in,
which are old python2 applications that aren't suppose to be used
anymore.  I did some investigation and these are picked up due to
PREFERRED_PROVIDER values in phosphor-defaults.inc.

Are there better PREFERRED_PROVIDERs we should update in
phosphor-defaults now?

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/obmc-chassis-mgmt and
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/obmc-flash-mgmt both seems to be a custom
package group for most machines.  Can someone with more expertise in
these subsystems define a better default (or set of packages to make up
that default)?

--
Patrick Williams