Chassis sled cycle

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Wed Apr 1 07:07:39 AEDT 2020

On 3/31/20, 10:53 AM, "Benjamin Fair" <benjaminfair at google.com> wrote:

    On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 13:00, Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka at fb.com> wrote:

    > Hi Jason,
    >
    > We have a requirement of Chassis sled cycle and it can be achieved by sending an i2c command to hotswap controller. Is there any plan to add this feature in x86-power-control. It should take i2c bus address from configuration file.
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > -Vijay

    This feature is implemented on some systems using an IPMI OEM command:
    https://github.com/openbmc/google-ipmi-sys#delayedhardreset---subcommand-0x03

    It currently just activates the systemd target
    gbmc-psu-hardreset.target and lets you register services to do the
    actual hotswap reset (usually by toggling a GPIO). Having a unified
    solution in x86-power-control for this would be great!

Ben, please clarify if this is same as power reset or different from power reset. As HSC reset
is being triggered by i2c command not through GPIO at least in our system. Power reset is
 being triggered though POWER_RESET gpio pin and it is supported by x86-power-control.

Regards
-Vijay