Is it required that regulator sensors implement threshold interfaces?

Shawn McCarney shawnmm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Sep 27 04:15:30 AEST 2019

Hi,

I am working on an application that will configure voltage regulators
(VRMs) and read their sensors.

I'll be putting about 9 sensors per VRM on D-Bus that will implement the
Sensor.Value interface.  However, I'd rather not implement the warning
and critical Threshold interfaces for those sensors.

Is there any reason that would cause a problem?

Also, the Sensor.Value interface has MinValue and MaxValue properties.
Are these required to have valid (non-zero) values? What breaks if they
are just set to 0?  I'd rather not provide these values as well.

Thanks for any help!

Shawn