Questions of openbmc-test-automation

Will Liang (梁永鉉) Will.Liang at quantatw.com
Mon Sep 23 15:41:15 AEST 2019

Hi,

I use the "openbmc-test-automation" package to test our project.
And I just want to implement the IPMI test case because our platform does not support REDFISH (IPMI only).
But I found that in the IPMI test case, it use the REFISH command as well (eg Redfish power on[0]).

[0] https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/blob/2a520ee37c72ea847ca2d6c773493a6dd752c827/ipmi/test_ipmi_sdr.robot#L59

My questions are following:
1. Are there other ways to avoid using the Redfish commands?
2. Is it possible to add parameter(ex:PROTOCOL) on the command line to select the protocol to use?
For example:
- add the new keyword maybe like "Power On".
- and the new keyword "power on" can use the new parameter to choose what protocol be used(default protocol is REDFISH if not set).
- the new keyword like below:
Power On
    [Documentation]  select the execute protocol.
    [Arguments]  ${stack_mode}=${stack_mode}  ${quiet}=${quiet}

    Run Keyword If  '${PROTOCOL}' == 'Redfish'
    ...   Redfish Power On    stack_mode=skip    quiet=0
    ...   ELSE    IPMI Power On    stack_mode=skip    quiet=0

BRs
Will