Cannot connect to console server in s2600wf

AKASH G J akashgj91 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 20:16:57 AEST 2019

Sorry for the delay for reply.

We want to get the host CPU console over the BMC console.

I build OpenBMC firmware using the following steps.

1. export TEMPLATECONF=meta-intel/meta-s2600wf/conf/
2. . openbmc-env
3. bitbake obmc-phosphor-image

*/lib/systemd/system/obmc-console at .service* is available with content

[Unit]
Description=Phosphor Console Muxer listening on device /dev/%I
BindsTo=dev-%i.device
After=dev-%i.device

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/bin/env obmc-console-server --config /etc/obmc-console.conf
%i
SyslogIdentifier=obmc-console-server
Restart=always

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

File*
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/obmc-console at ttyVUART0.service*
found.

root at s2600wf:~# *ls -l /dev/ttyS**
crw-rw----    1 root     dialout     4,  64 Aug 30 04:42 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw----    1 root     dialout     4,  65 Aug 30 04:42 /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw----    1 root     dialout     4,  66 Aug 30 04:42 /dev/ttyS2
crw-rw----    1 root     dialout     4,  67 Aug 30 04:42 /dev/ttyS3
crw-------    1 root     tty         4,  68 Aug 30 04:45 /dev/ttyS4
crw-rw----    1 root     dialout     4,  69 Aug 30 04:42 /dev/ttyS5

Moreover */etc/obmc-console.conf* file not found.