phosphor-ipmi-flash: Update over eSPI interface

Harry Sung1 hsung1 at lenovo.com
Mon Sep 9 18:40:51 AEST 2019

Hi Patrick,

I found "phosphor-ipmi-flash" have not support flash over eSPI yet.
May I ask if you have any plans to support flash over eSPI?

I have done a simple test about shared memory between host and BMC :
The shared memory is work after I set ESPI084 (source address) and ESPI088 (target address) registers.
But it has an limitation that only 256 bytes are available on each page (4KB).

For example, if host address starts to write from 0xFE0B0000 (BMC reserved enough memory already)
Writable area are:
0xFE0B0000 ~ 0xFE0B00FF
0xFE0B1000 ~ 0xFE0B10FF
0xFE0B2000 ~ 0xFE0B20FF