PSU Sensors - Associations

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 24 05:00:31 AEDT 2019

On 10/23/19 10:56 AM, Patrick Venture wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 10:54 AM James Feist
> <james.feist at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/23/19 10:52 AM, Patrick Venture wrote:

> I took a look at the ObjectMapper interface you mentioned, and it just
> points to the Board, not the individual sensor from the board.
>

>>> I must have looked at the wrong entry there because I didn't see
>>> anything pointing back to the sensor config entry, but just the sensor
>>> itself.  I'll take a look now, the PSU sensor naming issue is
>>> identical to the one if there is just another name available or the
>>> Pwm case.
>>
>> Ah you're right, I don't that that is implemented. Should we create a
>> new association for this? It seems useful.
>
> Not that I don't love hearing that I'm right, but in this case I would
> have rather been wrong and there been a magic bullet in place that I
> had overlooked.
>
> I think all of my association mapping woes would immediately go away
> if every sensor pointed to the configuration dbus object that brought
> it to life.

My original argument was to have the association to point to the
configuration item, but I got overruled when trying to add it to bmcweb,
as bmcweb cares what 'chassis' an item is in. I would have preferred
pointing to the item that brought it to life, but then to find the
chassis you need to go up one element in the path. That being said, it
would be a small change to support both.