PSU Sensors - Associations

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Thu Oct 24 04:56:43 AEDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 10:54 AM James Feist
<james.feist at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On 10/23/19 10:52 AM, Patrick Venture wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 10:50 AM James Feist
> > <james.feist at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> >> So for the associations you should generally not look at the definition,
> >> the definition is primarily for the mapper. You should be looking in the
> >> mapper for the association that matches the sensor name that you care
> >> about and it should point back to the configuration. If there are not
> >> associations for each of the sub-sensors, there should be.

I took a look at the ObjectMapper interface you mentioned, and it just
points to the Board, not the individual sensor from the board.

> > I must have looked at the wrong entry there because I didn't see
> > anything pointing back to the sensor config entry, but just the sensor
> > itself.  I'll take a look now, the PSU sensor naming issue is
> > identical to the one if there is just another name available or the
> > Pwm case.
>
> Ah you're right, I don't that that is implemented. Should we create a
> new association for this? It seems useful.

Not that I don't love hearing that I'm right, but in this case I would
have rather been wrong and there been a magic bullet in place that I
had overlooked.

I think all of my association mapping woes would immediately go away
if every sensor pointed to the configuration dbus object that brought
it to life.