PSU Sensors - Associations

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Thu Oct 24 04:37:56 AEDT 2019

So, I flipped the association interface addition and the property
initialization to match other sensors, and then it started working.  I
was curious if you had any suggestions on how to find the matching
sensor given the paths, for instance:

busctl get-property xyz.openbmc_project.PSUSensor
/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/alt2_Temperature
xyz.openbmc_project.Association.Definitions Associations
a(sss) 1 "chassis" "all_sensors"
"/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/board/Altie"

busctl tree --no-pager xyz.openbmc_project.EntityManager|grep Altie
          |-/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/board/Altie
          | |-/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/board/Altie/al_temp_0
          | |-/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/board/Altie/al_temp_1
          | |-/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/board/Altie/al_temp_2
          | `-/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/board/Altie/alt1

No alt2 -- so how do I know this?  I can walk every subordinate object
to find the name match, but I was curious if you had a faster idea?

Thanks,
Patrick