OpenBMC add sel in intel platform

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 1 07:57:44 AEST 2019

Adding the mailing list in case others have similar questions.

On 9/29/2019 11:54 PM, 记忆 wrote:
> hi jmbills,
>
>      How to use OpenBMC add sel in intel platform .Could you give me
> some help?
Hi,

If you have built with intel-ipmi-oem then we route all "Add SEL"
commands to the Redfish log.
https://github.com/openbmc/intel-ipmi-oem/blob/master/src/storagecommands.cpp#L929

If you need to add an IPMI SEL entry, there are a couple you could do that:
1. Trigger a threshold sensor event so the phosphor-sel-logger will add
an IPMI SEL.
2. Manually add a journal entry that has the IPMI SEL MESSAGE_ID:
MESSAGE_ID == "b370836ccf2f4850ac5bee185b77893a".

Thanks,
-Jason