Redfish OpenBMC OEM

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 20 03:23:21 AEDT 2019

Hi All,

The process seems a little light for adding OpenBMC OEM Redfish
properties and schemas. Can we establish a little more stringent process
for adding these? Can we try to upstream these to the Redfish standard
first before they are added as OpenBMC OEM? Do we need a design template
or someway to collaborate before the OpenBMC OEM schema or properties
are added? Are we okay if pretty architectural-specific or
company-specific properties and schemas are under the "OpenBMC" OEM
namespace?

I think a majority of the OEM properties in the "OpenBMC" OEM currently
are things Redfish would take. I would like to see us engage Redfish first.

Some examples:
FirmwareProvisioningStatus,
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/commit/a6349918ad2c88533c6d09bb876812375a19f2c4

FanZones,