2 patch dependency

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 02:45:34 AEDT 2019

> On Nov 18, 2019, at 6:35 PM, Patrick Williams <patrick at stwcx.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 09:27:21AM -0500, Brad Bishop wrote:
>>

>>> On Nov 1, 2019, at 3:18 PM, Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka at fb.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> We have issue of merging 2 commit which are dependent to each other. I am not sure how are we going address this.
>>
>> I’m working on this today:
>>
>> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/26910
>
> Do we have any sort of topic-based multi-repo testing?  If not, is there
> any interest in developing it?

I know in general we really try to encourage people to not cause
co-req issues across repositories. Making this easier for people
may cause more of it to happen.

Also, I believe we’re going back to just having everything in
openbmc/openbmc so that should alleviate a lot of our meta-*
co-req issues since they can all go in together again. Brad was
working on getting the gerrit plugin running that allows people
to maintain sub-directories in a repository. This will allow multiple
maintainers of openbmc/openbmc for their specific areas.

So to answer your question, I’m not sure. I think it could still
be useful to have between code repos and openbmc/openbmc
at times but I’d rather people just do the extra work to avoid
dependencies all together.