meta-ibm restructuring

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 13:06:23 AEDT 2019

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:51 AM Brad Bishop <bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:

> the meta-witherspoon layer in meta-ibm supports a number of machine targets beyond witherspoon.  the meta-ibm layer itself is nearly empty.

Before the change, meta-ibm layer has below:

  bmcweb
  dbus
  dump
  interfaces
  logging
  packagegroups

I do not think it's confusing because it defines the necessary recipes
for ibm machines.

> This is confusing to say the least, so I am doing some restructuring in the meta-ibm layer such that everything will simply be in meta-ibm:
>
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-ibm/+/27263
>
> Please let me know if you have any concerns.

The commit moves everything from meta-witherspoon to meta-ibm, which
makes a machine that inherits meta-ibm inherits everything from
meta-witherspoon.
Is that intended?
Ideally, the recipes (bbappends) in meta-witherspoon has
append_MACHINE so it will not impact other machines. But can we make
sure every single recipe has correct append_MACHINE?