NCSI eth0 (ftgmac100): transmit queue 0 timed out error

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Thu Nov 14 20:50:12 AEDT 2019

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019, at 18:37, Евгений wrote:
>  Hello Xiuzhi, I have the similar problem using NCSI. Could you explain
> more clearly how you have solved one?
> I use the Neptune Alfa OpenBMC kit from Portwell. It has an Intel I210
> network interface chip. A host is connected to it through PCIe. The
> host network is working well. BMC has a dedicated interface (MAC0 +
> RTL8211), it works well.
>  I want to create a BMC interface via NCSI + VLAN, but it does not
> work: see dmesg output below.
>  Please help me solve this problem.
>
> :~# dmesg|grep net
>
> [ 2.592506] ftgmac100 1e660000.ethernet: Error applying setting,
> reverse things back

This suggests a clash in the MAC pinctrl request - some other device has already claimed a pin need by the MAC.

Can you provide or link to the devicetree for the the system?

It's odd as some of the subsequent messages suggest the RMII link is working in some instances, but you still get failures in others.

Andrew