Re: BMC can’t get watchdog status by command “mc watchdog get” when system power is off

vishwa vishwa at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 5 20:18:23 AEDT 2019

Wayne,

Thanks for writing. Here is my thought on this.

- phosphor-watchdog was meant to time the Host booting, and hence it is
getting started where ever it is.
- There are other external users for watchdog ( like bmcweb ). So we
need to see if this change affects those.
- Could you help show which section demands this service to be mandatory
available per IPMI v2.0 ?
- What do you expect IPMI to tell when the host is off ?
- Lastly, please help push a gerrit review, so we could add comments there.

Thanks..

!! Vishwa !!