pid control configuration

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Thu May 16 10:07:45 AEST 2019

On 5/15/19, 2:50 PM, "Ed Tanous" <ed.tanous at intel.com> wrote:

    On 5/15/19 12:21 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:

    > Ed, please see if following declaration in entity manager would work as I am not defining any pid values here.
    >         {
    >             "Class": "fan",
    >             "Inputs": [
    >                 "MB_FAN0_TACH"
    >             ],
    >             "Name": "MB_FAN0_TACH",
    >             "Outputs": [
    >                 "Pwm 1"
    >             ],
    >             "Type": "Pid",
    >             "Zones": [
    >                 "Pid 1"
    >             ]
    >         },
    >
    >     >>
    >     >> Regards
    >     >> -Vijay
    >     >>

    I'm assuming you loaded this on a system.  If it gave you the behavior
    you're looking for, you're done.  If it didn't, it's probably time to
    start debugging and tuning.

Thanks, No, I have not yet tested this but I can start this once we have our pid data and update documentations.

    I run my systems in the cascade controller setup.  If you're deviating
    from that, you'll likely find some places that need better documentation
    and code improvements.