A question about phosphor-sel-logger

Will Liang (梁永鉉) Will.Liang at quantatw.com
Thu May 2 12:36:57 AEST 2019

Hi,

Our BMC is using package "phosphor-sel-logger" to support IPMI SEL. it saved the event data in the journal and the id is 1-65534.
It means it can save 65534 records. Actually, we found the file size of single journal file is around 8MB(the default of journal file is 64MB, it will be separated by 8 files).
We cannot show all SELs(65534 records) in IPMI. it might be a bug here if we don't limit the maximum.

Is it necessary to limit the number of SELs to smaller?

BRs,
Will