Moving kernel to 5.1

Tao Ren taoren at fb.com
Thu May 9 02:27:41 AEST 2019

On 5/8/19, 1:30 AM, "openbmc on behalf of Joel Stanley" <openbmc-bounces+taoren=fb.com at lists.ozlabs.org on behalf of joel at jms.id.au> wrote:

> Linux 5.1 was tagged a few days ago. I've rebased the openbmc tree on
> this release and pushed a dev-5.1 branch to github.
>
> Please take a look at the bump commit, give it a spin on your
> hardware, and +1 if it looks good to you:

Thank you Joel for the update. Let me boot up the 5.1 tree on my BMC and will let you the result soon.

> * aspeed spi-nor driver: upstream has asked us to re-write using the
> spi-mem framework. Cedric plans to work on this when he has time.

Does it mean we are going to create spi controller driver under "/drivers/spi" which supports both spi-raw and spi-nor transactions?
I was about to ask the question because I have some non-spi-nor devices connected to aspeed spi controller, and I had to create a local spi controller driver to unblock me from moving forward.

Cheers,

Tao