meson issue in romulus SDK

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu May 2 06:39:27 AEST 2019

On Wed, May 01, 2019 at 10:40:35AM -0500, Zane Shelley wrote:
>I'm just getting into meson. The manual for meson at mesonbuild.com
>indicates the command syntax is 'meson [command] [arguments]
>[options]', which is consistent with the version of meson I have
>installed on Ubuntu 18.04 ('meson -v' returns 0.45.1). However, when I
>source the romulus SDK that I built this morning ('meson -v' returns
>0.49.2), it doesn't understand the [command] argument. For example:
>
>$ meson init
>
>ERROR: Neither directory contains a build file meson.build.
>$ ls
>init
>
>I think this version of meson tried to build what is in ./ and put it
>in init/. Could anyone explain why this behavior is different?
>
>--
>- Zane

Hi Zane

For getting your feet wet with OpenBMC + meson could you forgo the SDK
and cross compiling and use the docker CI environment?...SDK support for
meson is missing a few minor things right now.  Are you able to install
docker somewhere?  Then you can do something like this:

export WORKSPACE=/home/andrewg/Code/ && \
    export UNIT_TEST_PKG=obmc-ikvm && \
    ./openbmc-build-scripts/run-unit-test-docker.sh

thx - brad