meson issue in romulus SDK

Zane Shelley zshelle at linux.ibm.com
Thu May 2 01:40:35 AEST 2019

I'm just getting into meson. The manual for meson at mesonbuild.com
indicates the command syntax is 'meson [command] [arguments] [options]',
which is consistent with the version of meson I have installed on Ubuntu
18.04 ('meson -v' returns 0.45.1). However, when I source the romulus
SDK that I built this morning ('meson -v' returns 0.49.2), it doesn't
understand the [command] argument. For example:

$ meson init

ERROR: Neither directory contains a build file meson.build.
$ ls
init

I think this version of meson tried to build what is in ./ and put it in
init/. Could anyone explain why this behavior is different?

--
- Zane