Intel-BMC on github

Wim Vervoorn wvervoorn at eltan.com
Fri Mar 22 02:52:21 AEDT 2019

Hello James,

Good to see the Intel BMC code is on github so we can give it a try and use it.

In the mean time we downloaded and built the image without problem.

The issue is that we don't have a Wolfpass board. In order to get around this I create a woldpass-bmc devices in the OpenBMC qemu.

As far as I now the major difference is in the flash size(I added a 64 MB part), I also updated the strapping according to the schematic.

I can use this device in Qemu and it starts the image I built for the s2600wf (if I catenate two of them to achieve the 64MB).

The issue is that if I try the wolfpass image u-boot is starting,  it also reports the kernel is loaded etc but it freezes after is passes control to the kernel.

I included the qemu logging below:

U-Boot 2016.07 (Mar 21 2019 - 14:30:46 +0000)

SOC : AST2500-A1
RST : 0x01
PLL :     25 MHz
CPU :    825 MHz
MEM :	2.333 MHz, EEC: Disable, Cache: Disable
VGA :    16 MiB
DRAM :   init by SOC
       Watchdog enabled
DRAM:  112 MiB
Flash: 64 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   MAC0 : RMII/NCSI
MAC1 : RGMII
FTGMAC100#0
Error: FTGMAC100#0 address not set.
, FTGMAC100#1
Error: FTGMAC100#1 address not set.

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
   Using 'conf at aspeed-bmc-intel-purley.dtb' configuration
   Trying 'kernel at 1' kernel subimage
     Type:         Kernel Image
     Compression:  uncompressed
     Data Start:   0x20080110
     Data Size:    2670096 Bytes = 2.5 MiB
     Architecture: ARM
     OS:           Linux
     Load Address: 0x80001000
     Entry Point:  0x80001000
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... OK
   Using 'conf at aspeed-bmc-intel-purley.dtb' configuration
   Trying 'ramdisk at 1' ramdisk subimage
     Type:         RAMDisk Image
     Compression:  uncompressed
     Data Start:   0x2031897c
     Data Size:    21827584 Bytes = 20.8 MiB
     Architecture: ARM
     OS:           Linux
     Load Address: unavailable
     Entry Point:  unavailable
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... OK
   Using 'conf at aspeed-bmc-intel-purley.dtb' configuration
   Trying 'fdt at aspeed-bmc-intel-purley.dtb' fdt subimage
     Type:         Flat Device Tree
     Compression:  uncompressed
     Data Start:   0x2030bfe8
     Data Size:    51480 Bytes = 50.3 KiB
     Architecture: ARM
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... OK
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x2030bfe8
## Transferring control to Linux (at address 80001000)...

Starting kernel ...

## youhou 2...
## Transferring control to Linux (at address 80001000)...

Message: 4