One question is regarding of PECI driver.

Jae Hyun Yoo jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com
Thu Jun 20 02:31:10 AEST 2019

On 6/14/2019 2:24 AM, Derek Lin23 wrote:
> Hi team:
>
>            We have a question for PECI driver, hope we can have some
> inputs and feedbacks.
>
>            When PECI driver starts, it checks the availabilities for
> CPUs by the addresses defining in the device tree.

Yes, it's what PECI driver does.

>            But, when none of the CPUs are available, in our cases, CPUs
> are powered off, PECI driver responses with error messages of PECI
> clients and devices are not registered.

It's an expected result because PECI works only when the host CPU is
powered on.

>            Is it possible that PECI driver would listen the events for
> power-on? So, PECI driver would be reloaded and PECI clients and devices
> become available.

No. Instead, we are using CPU ping from user space and register PECI
clients at run time. Please check these services:

https://github.com/openbmc/dbus-sensors
https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager

Thanks,
Jae