One question is regarding of PECI driver.

Derek Lin23 dlin23 at lenovo.com
Fri Jun 14 19:24:24 AEST 2019

Hi team:

          We have a question for PECI driver, hope we can have some inputs and feedbacks.
          When PECI driver starts, it checks the availabilities for CPUs by the addresses defining in the device tree.
          But, when none of the CPUs are available, in our cases, CPUs are powered off, PECI driver responses with error messages of PECI clients and devices are not registered.
          Is it possible that PECI driver would listen the events for power-on? So, PECI driver would be reloaded and PECI clients and devices become available.
          Or, other thoughts and ideas?

Thank you,

Derek Lin