[External] Re: Questions regarding of phosphor-pid-control

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Tue Jul 30 01:30:15 AEST 2019

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 2:18 AM Derek Lin23 <dlin23 at lenovo.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick & James:
>
>         Would you please identify when'll this feature being completed?
>         Or do you have a plan for this feature?
>
>         https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control/issues/2

I currently don't have it on my calendar.  James, do you?

for a non-dbus-configured system, we end up using waits in the service
file for the various sensors upon which we depend to show up on dbus.
IIRC< the goal of the feature would be to no longer need that, but
rather create the dbus sensors even if nobody owns them, and just try
on read or every few reads to actually register the listening for
updates...  And just return a bad sensor reading until that happens --
but, what is a bad sensor reading, universally?