[External] Re: Questions regarding of phosphor-pid-control

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 19 03:57:08 AEST 2019

On 7/17/19 7:40 PM, Derek Lin23 wrote:
> Hi Patrick:
>
>            The open-loop in this context is more likely to set duty of
> PWM manually.
>
>            For example, when reading a sensor above or below a certain
> pre-defined temperature, then the duty of a PWM is revved up or lower to
> the desired fan-speed.

You could use stepwise configurations to get this response. Here's an
example of a lower clipping curve that when the reading of the sensor is
20, outputs 50%, and when it reads 30 outputs 60%.

https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/9813279b57359bd1602da236ff7d38bcc9a2fba4/configurations/R2000%20Chassis.json#L428

This is also configurable from the json I believe.