Intel-ipmi-oem repo

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu Jan 24 03:59:19 AEDT 2019

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 08:34:51AM -0800, Ed Tanous wrote:

> On 1/22/19 10:13 PM, Tom Joseph wrote:
>
> I was unaware Jason was still pursuing that, my understanding was that
> there wasn't a clear path forward for that change series to be
> compatible with IBM systems.

This should read:

a clear path forward for that change series to be compatible with every
user of the project since it started.

It is a common misconception that IBM was the only user of/contributor
to this project prior to IBM donating it to The Linux Foundation last year.
In fact there were several contributors and users prior TLF.

> Was there any details on what the proposed
> solution was, and what the next steps are?

Just to level set - Do you expect Tom/IBM to provide the solution?  May I
ask why?  I felt the note from Tom spelled it out pretty clearly - an
abstraction is needed for sensor numbers.

> It sounds like Vijay is
> hitting a bit of a wall with having that stuff checked into meta-intel;
> I'd much rather roll those changes out into net-ipmid than create a new
> repo.

Me too!