Intel-ipmi-oem repo

Ed Tanous ed.tanous at intel.com
Thu Jan 24 03:34:51 AEDT 2019

On 1/22/19 10:13 PM, Tom Joseph wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 January 2019 03:35 AM, Ed Tanous wrote:
>> On 1/22/19 10:16 AM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
>>> In the case of SEL we did make progress and reached a consensus. The
>>> proposed solution was to support mapping sensor number to sensor
>>> D-Bus object paths in a flexible way(support both arbitrary mapping
>>> and hardcoded sensor number), so that IBM systems can coexist with
>>> the proposed SEL architecture. Jason was pursuing that and we
>>> haven't heard from him for quite some time, this was brought in the
>>> community call multiple times. =

I was unaware Jason was still pursuing that, my understanding was that
there wasn't a clear path forward for that change series to be
compatible with IBM systems.  Was there any details on what the proposed
solution was, and what the next steps are?  It sounds like Vijay is
hitting a bit of a wall with having that stuff checked into meta-intel;
I'd much rather roll those changes out into net-ipmid than create a new
repo.

As Brad said earlier in the thread, the proliferation of repos is
getting a bit nutty, and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.