About the usage of ipmi user management

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 19:00:46 AEDT 2019

This mail is to ask questions about how to set the ipmi user in build time.

With a recent OpenBMC master build, one can NOT use below net ipmi commands:

    ipmitool -I lanplus -H $bmc -U root -P 0penBmc
    ipmitool -I lanplus -H $bmc -P 0penBmc

Both gets `Error: Unable to establish IPMI v2 / RMCP+ session`, and the
OpenBMC logs `User not found`, which is related to the IPMI user management
changes.

So my question is:
1. How to specify the user at build time, to make either of the above commands
to work?
2. Or (if the above commands are not expected) what is the correct way to use
ipmi net commands?

Thanks!