journal log messages are missing with latest version

Matt Spinler mspinler at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jan 4 05:12:38 AEDT 2019

On 2019-01-02 13:09, Patrick Venture wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 4:38 PM Yong Li <yong.b.li at linux.intel.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Patrick,
>>

>> I encountered a problem after upgrade to the latest opnebmc version:
>>

>> These log messages in ipmid are missing with the “journalctl -f”.
>
> Which log messages?

This showed up on all of our systems too, anything logged using
phosphor-logging
is missing from the journal.  I even ended up using a git bisect to also
narrow
it down to:

phosphor-logging: srcrev bump 30047bf964..31552c05e2

     Patrick Venture (5):
           add sdjournal interface to inject tests
           test: use only one main library
           bugfix: add fixes to mock class
           bugfix: rename method to match implementation
           test: add test to force building of sdjournal mock