journal log messages are missing with latest version

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Thu Jan 3 06:09:24 AEDT 2019

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 4:38 PM Yong Li <yong.b.li at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>

> I encountered a problem after upgrade to the latest opnebmc version:
>

> These log messages in ipmid are missing with the “journalctl -f”.

Which log messages?

> My tests shows that the blow change is related, after I revert it, I can get these log messages.
>

> Did you meet such issue, or any suggestions/comments to narrow down this issue?
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-logging/commit/59a6b1f27e83066baa6f3711c88d6a3b9a5c4d49
>
> add sdjournal interface to inject tests

There were some follow-on patches for phosphor-logging that you
shouldn't need -- it's

What SHA is for your https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid ?
(so I know what version of that is in use by you).

Checking the HEAD version of
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/blob/master/Makefile.am,
I see it's including the proper libs to get the full phosphor-logging
objects.