Redfish: Network test findings

George Keishing gkeishin at in.ibm.com
Wed Feb 27 00:18:10 AEDT 2019

From:   Ed Tanous <ed.tanous at intel.com>
To:     openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org
Date:   02/22/2019 10:47 PM
Subject:        Re: Redfish: Network test findings
Sent by:        "openbmc"
<openbmc-bounces+gkeishin=in.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>

On 2/22/19 8:33 AM, Prashanth Katti1 wrote:
> Hi Ed Tanous,
>
> Here are the finding on Network test for bmcweb.
> .
> Could you look into the following issues and let us know.

I'm happy to review any patches that resolve some, or all of these.
Based on the titles, a lot of these look like enhancement requests for
parameters that aren't currently implemented, or misunderstandings about
how Redfish error codes work.

If you have some initial triage done to identify the failure modes on
these, that would help a lot to get them resolved quickly.  If you need
any specific background to help triage, I'm almost always on IRC (and
obviously this list).

-Ed

--------------------

Ed,

    We were looking for the initial configuration for IP , MAC, hostname ,
gateway, DHCP enable to be working.

    Well, yes the others could be enhancement or perhaps to be done.

    For now, if you could take a quick look at those github logged issues
and help us understand what is expected
    and what would be the correct way to validate those in those terms of
bug vs features, so that, we can request
    our folks to help contribute on it, if required.

Thanks
George Keishing