IPMI Channel Config Removed?

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Sat Feb 23 04:55:57 AEDT 2019

It looks like the channel config for IPMI was removed from the
sources.  Instead the channel layer is doing something by checking
with the sysfs device instances -- and there's some mapping (I haven't
dug into it).

I'd like to know if I need to do anything to configure the channels
such that eth1 is channel 1, and eth0 is channel 0?  Or Did that
change?  Can I make eth1 channel 5?

All our platforms were using channel configs, and quanta-q71l upstream
was too, so I'd like some explanation as I don't remember seeing an
email about it when it was dropped.

Patrick